Is Accent Reduction Training right for you?
- Do people have trouble understanding you or ask you to repeat yourself?
- Is English your second language, and you would like to improve your pronunciation?
- Do you want to learn to switch to a non-regional American accent so that people will hear WHAT you are saying and not HOW you are saying it?
- Tired of the question “Where are you from?”
- Do you have an upcoming presentation or interview that you’d like to prepare for?
- Are you an actor who wishes to learn a new accent or dialect?
If your answer is “Yes” to any of these questions, accent reduction training can help you speak Standard American English with confidence and clarity.
My job is to be your guide in knocking down any barriers in your communication with others. These distractions can take many forms, such as when other people:
- ask you “what?” when you speak
- misunderstand you
- tune out the content of what you say because they’re focused on your accent
- make stereotypical assumptions about you, or ask “where are you from?”, which can derail the conversation you wanted to have
My personalized accent reduction course will guide you to the place where the focus of the conversation is the content of what you say, not your pronunciation. The course will help you:
- Correctly pronounce all consonant and vowel sounds of English
- Switch from your foreign or regional accent to “Standard American” English
- Learn the pronunciation, intonation, and rhythms of Standard American English speech
- Improve your communication skills at work and socially
- Greatly increase your confidence when you’re speaking
All lessons are customized to suit your needs and requirements.
I’m Ilana Shydlo and I hold an M.S. in Speech-Language Pathology with a bilingual focus and I am a certified trainer in the Compton PESL Accent Modification Method, a research based accent reduction method.
See what people are saying about my accent reduction course!